Thursday, February 10, 2011

I will cut you...

So I started playing Assassin's Creed today. I finished the first level and then began on the first leve- wait what? So it seems the game designers forgot to make anything after the first level so they just re-skinned everything instead. The main downside of the game is just the repetition and every now and again some very stupid AI.

I would say the story is fairly good, not amazing but good, but that is not why you would play the game. The story, to me at least, was just slowing down my actual enjoyment by taking me out of the fun world I got immersed in.

However once you get past the horrendous repetition and annoying cut-scenes, you step into a fantastic world of stealth kills, extortion, free-running and amazing scenery. When you stand atop the highest building you can find and just look out across the scenery you feel like you are actually there.

I found the combat system to be really enjoyable, you can strike and riposte and it flows quite nicely. However this is where the bad AI can sometimes kick in. You can find yourself up against five enemies, all of whom stand back politely while you kill them one at a time...

Other than this Assassin's Creed is a really enjoyable game, not one you would play for extended periods of time however but one that you can waste a couple of hours on and not feel cheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment