Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oil Crisis?

I have been playing Fuel lately, it is a pretty good game.

By "pretty good" I mean its very pretty if repetitive. The gameplay is quite good, standard racer style with a nice free roam feature. The map is massive! Impressively massive, only each area is not different enough to make it amazing.

The game also features a day/night cycle and changing weather effects. You could be driving along a night-time road and a wind could kick up, eventually turning into a tornado. While they are impressive they do not impact upon your game play experience in a negative way and just make the game even prettier.

The cars and bikes are fairly fun and the way you buy them is pretty unique, but it does take time. You need to either complete races or you can drive around the free roam world and collect fuel cannisters. There is a large collection of vehicles that become available for purchase as time goes on. Although saying that I've only used one bike so far, as it is fast, has a good top speed and handles on/off road very well. All the other vehicles I tested out seemed to be not quite as universal as the one bike I use. However it is very fun to drive around in a monster truck

All in all I'm enjoying it and the unique parts and how laid back the game play is keep me playing it. If you are into racing games I'd say give it a go and if not then give the demo a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment