Monday, August 29, 2011

More like From Dirt

My first thoughts of From Dust were "Hmmm this is a nice world builder game, Kind of like Populous" The next few minutes decided to change my opinions completely...

From Dust is more of a puzzle type game than anything else. You have to figure out what combination of powers and item locations along with a whole host of other things will allow you to proceed to the next level.

The game is amazingly difficult and that makes it even more fun. I spent a very long time trying to reach a very specific location and then realised that if I went a different way I would most likely complete the level.

Unfortunately I ended up getting washed out and had to start all over again... Of course I got frustrated and closed the game down, only to open it again several minutes later. It is a game that keeps dragging you back in.

Unfortunately there are some annoying bits, such as your people not being able to do anything for themselves and the inability to control them individually. As well as the controls being rather clunky and hard to control. One major downside to it is Ubisoft's stupid decision to put terrible "always online" DRM in the game. If you disconnect even for a second the game shuts down, meaning you lose all your progress...

Despite this though it is a very enjoyable (If challenging game).

It currently costs €15 so I would advise definitely picking it up if it goes on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment