Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Muzaks! Ayria

Ayria is a solo artist project by Jennifer Parkin.

The name "Ayria" original was mentioned that it meant "Awesome, Yeah Really, I'm Awesome" but later became the female name for the act.

I originally discovered Ayria from LastFM. The first song I listened to was "Post-Apocalyptic Girl". Honestly because the picture associated with it was a really cute girl, but once I started listening I was fascinated with the sound of the group and decided to look for more.

Jennifer's melodic high feminine voice is a great contrast to the heavier rave/metal beats. Surprisingly for a rave/metal group the lyrics actually have a lot of meaning behind them and come across quite strongly in the music. The songs were mostly written from Jennifer's personal experiences and this shows. Each track sounds original and unique, none of the tracks are duplicates of the last, something which a lot of artists find hard to do (Some of my favourite artists included).

While Ayria may not be everyone's cup of tea, she has fast become one of my favourites and will always be on my Mp3 player. I will include a link to Horrible Dream here for anyone who might be interested to listen to a track or twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment