Monday, June 27, 2011

Muzaks! Eyes Set To Kill

The Post-Hardcore band Eyes set to Kill was formed by twin sisters Alexia and Anissa and their friend and former vocalist Lindsey in '04.

My first impression of the band before I had researched them was very positive as the female singer was able to hold a tune without resorting to the tried and tested growling method (Many female metal singers fall victim to this instead of just using the amazing voices they have.) And the unclean vocalist added the perfect amount of contrast to the song.

After listening to all the albums there isn't a huge amount of variety between the tracks, with a few exceptions. They all have a very similar feel and sound, despite being completely different songs, different lyrics, etc. I know that this does not take away from how great the band is and I still think they are amazing but I know some people would find it to be repetitive and might not be able to hold their attention past a few tracks.

I do have two favourite tracks, the first one I heard was "Broken Frames" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRoY7zAXfcE)
and another one that has a bit of a special meaning for me "Violent Kiss"
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEJAPQy00PE)

I would also like to add that Alexia and Anissa were both nominated for "Hottest chicks in metal" in 2010. They unfortunately lost out to Maria Brink of In This Moment (Though I don't begrudge her the win).

No comments:

Post a Comment