Friday, June 17, 2011

Muzaks! The Suicide Machines

I discovered The Suicide Machines from a YouTube channel that I frequently watch, a compilation video was put up and TSM was playing a cover of REM's "Its the end of the world". It was very interesting to hear a punk-rock version of the song and I really liked the style. (I'll link it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3yLtnNF6yM)

Very often covers can sound forced and bad quality but this was very good and remade in a level that suited the music. It was an interesting take on a well known track and immediately peaked my interest.

Having listened to several more tracks they have released in the past I must say I was very impressed. They have that very definite "punk-rock" style across all the tracks and it seems to me that the band had a lot of fun while recording them.

Unfortunately they disbanded in 2006, but in their short reign between '91 and '06 they released six full length albums. They are definitely worth a listen if you enjoy Punk-Rock type music.

No comments:

Post a Comment