Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Comix: Questionable Content

While I don't normally write about webcomics, after reading this one I felt I had to put it's name out there.

Questionable Content (QC) is a comic about an indie rocker by the name of Marten. He meets a whole host of interesting characters (mostly female) who cause havoc in his previously very dull life.

Over the course of about seven years the comic has developed artistically and even the writing, which was fantastic to begin with, has massively improved.

The jokes are very intelligent observations on life, strange situations, music and the odd time: toilet humour. These all create a very entertaining script for the range of characters.

While the comic has been running for about seven years, a little over two years has passed in comic time. This gives the comic a very easy pace and doesn't make you feel rushed while reading it.

It updates five days a week so if you only get a chance once a week to catch up you have a good bit of story to read through.

The one thing I absolutely love about this comic though is the fact that it feeds my addiction to music. It keeps mentioning different bands many of which I have never heard of and giving me a chance to try a different sound out. It is also very good at describing what type of music it is as well so you at least have some idea of what you will like or dislike.

EDIT: There is one additional thing that I previously forgot to mention. A lot of comics archive by date, by comic name or by some other weird system making it hard to find a specific page when you want it QC archives by number. This means if I stopped reading at number 301 I can pick it up again just by typing 302 into the address bar making "continuing the story" a lot simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment