Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Muzaks! 3 Doors Down

A band I have known about for years yet never actually heard any of their music (knowingly at least) is 3 Doors Down, A progressive/Hard rock band from the mid 90's.

The first song I actually heard from them was a song called Kryptonite a fantastically written piece about a man giving himself completely to a woman he loves. Giving her the ability to "destroy" him. Something I am sure almost everyone has gone through at some stage.

Now let me clarify the above statement was my FIRST impression of what the song meant. After listening to the song and watching the video (several hundred times) I have realised that there are plenty of different interpretations of what the song can mean.

After watching the video my second impression was that it is about ageing, When you are young you have strength and a sound mind and can do almost anything but as you get older you start to lose that strength and can find it harder to do even simple things.

No matter what your interpretation of the song you have to admit that it is a fantastic piece of lyrical and musical writing and luckily enough it is only one example of this fantastic band.

I would ask everyone to definitely look this band up on youtube and have a listen to several of their songs. I can most certainly appreciate some really talented people and would hope that you can too...

No comments:

Post a Comment